Deva Triathlon 2023 - Terms and Conditions
Deva Triathlon ("the Event") is hosted and organised by Chester Triathlon Club ("Event Organiser") a non profit, voluntary organisation promoting the sport of triathlon and multi sports events in the North West.
Participation in the Event is subject to the following terms and conditions:
· 1.1 The participant acknowledges that participation in the Event is physically strenuous and will be physically demanding. The participant acknowledges that he/she is aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved.
· 1.2 The participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of taking part in the Event and agrees to be solely responsible for his/her actions and the Event Organiser, its officials/officers, agents or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that he/she may suffer as a result of participation in the Event. The participant accepts that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to compete, the participant will withdraw in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
· 1.3 The participant agrees to abide by all applicable rules and regulations including British Triathlon rules and regulations. Full details of these rules and regulations can be found at http://www.britishtriathlon.org/britain/documents/about/2013_btf_rulebook_revisions.pdf
· 1.4 The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules from time to time which will form part of these Terms and Conditions.
· 1.5 It is each participant’s responsibility to provide and use a roadworthy bicycle and participants, helmets should meet the British Triathlon Federation (BTF) standards -"No helmet no race".
· 1.6 At registration, the participant must produce appropriate photographic personal identification acceptable to the Event Organiser or his/her BTF membership card.
· 1.7 The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove participants from the Event or prevent participants participating in the Event if in the Event Organiser’s sole discretion, it considers such action necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other participants or for any other reasonable reason. No refund of the registration fee shall be made if the participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event, the Event Organiser, its officials/officers or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
· 1.8 Participants must be 18 years old by or on the day of the Event or if under 18 years old the participant's parent or legal guardian acknowledges that he/she has read and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
2. Collection and Use of Data
· 2.1 The participant agrees that his/her personal details will be stored for the purposes of the Event by the Event Organiser and can be disclosed to the BTF. The participant agrees and understands that his/her name, age group (if applicable) and gender will appear in public lists of competitors and results. If the participant has agreed to apply for a BTF day membership, the personal details entered for this Event may be forwarded to the BTF.
· 2.2 The participant consents to his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, photographed, recorded by all means and in all media and formats by the Event Organiser or its assignees for the purposes of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the Event.
· 2.3 A participant acknowledges that their data will be kept for a reasonable period in accordance with legal requirements and for administration purposes.
· 2.4 A participant acknowledges that their name will be displayed on the start list and in the results.
· 3.1 All communication from the Event Organiser to the Event participants will be by email only. Please ensure that the email address entered on the online registration form is correct and the Event Organiser accepts no responsibility for inaccurate information provided. No race information will be posted to participants; it will be available from the Event Organiser’s website before the race.
· 3.2 The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for each participant however it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
· 4.1 The participant shall complete the Entry Form online and submit it together with payment of the fee online in accordance with the Event Organisers' website. The participant shall not be eligible or entitled to participate in the Event until full payment of the fee has been received by the Event Organiser. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Event Organiser has received cleared funds.
5. Transfers and Withdrawals
· 5.1 If a registered participant is unable to compete in the Event, the participant can transfer their entry to another via the online entry system, this is only available until 28 days before the event after which no transfers or refunds are available.
· 5.2 If a participant needs to withdraw from the Event after entering please use the online entry system to cancel a portion of your fee will be refunded according to the refund policy on the event web site.
6. Event Changes
· 6.1 The Event Organiser reserves the right to change the Event without prior notice for reasons outside of the Event Organiser’s control or otherwise. This includes alterations to the Event to include fewer disciplines whether decided by the BTF referee or by the Event Organiser. In the event of this occurring refunds or transfers will not be available.
· 7.1 Due to circumstances beyond the control of the Event Organiser it may become necessary for the event to be cancelled and the participant will not be entitled to any refund.
8. Limitation of Liability
· 8.1 Participation will be at the participants own risk.
· 8.2 Notwithstanding anything in these Terms and Conditions the Event Organiser shall not be liable to the participant for any liability whatsoever including loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the participant taking part in the Event or any other matter arising under these Terms and Conditions nor for an aggregate amount greater than the registration fee paid by the participant. In addition the Event Organiser shall not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties attending at the Event.
· 9.1 Participants must agree to obey the rules of the race and the highway code at all times, the cycle course is on mainly open roads with some partial closures however there are road users and pedestrians which may be on the course and all participants must ensure they are aware of all other road users at all times.
10. COVID Cancellation
· 10.1 In the event that we have to cancel the race on the advice of Local or National Government for COVID restrictions then we will do the following:
- We will not order any Medals, T Shirts, goody bag items until we are sure we can deliver the race, in the event of cancellation we will refund 100% of the race entry fee (booking fees are not refundable) less any costs that we have incurred in procuring items for the race.
- Where items have been procured that are not reuseable, or costs incurred that cannot be recovered these will be deducted from the race entry fee before any refunds.
- In the event that we are unable to procure items in time for the race due to uncertainty around COVID then we will refund all race day attendees a portion of the race fee that would have been spent on the items missing.
11. Statement of Autonomy for 16-17 Year Olds
- Young People aged 16-17 years old are assumed to have autonomy over their decision making and do not require written parental permission to enter an event. However, by entering this event you confirmed that you have consulted with your parent/carer/guardian and they are aware of your participation and entry into this event.